Review Date AVG ShoreDiving Site
03/12/2011 4.45 Lake Denton Florida, USA East
I did my check out dives at Denton and it was a great experience. We have taken the classes out there many times and had very few problems.
1) We divers do bring business to the area. We always stop at a local place after dives to chat about what happened.
2) As divers we care a lot about the area we dive in, the area we gear up in, and the area in general. We always...ALWAYS police up our stuff and take our trash with us if we can find a trash can.
3) We change either in a restroom, in our cars...or we wear our stuff up and just get into our wetsuits. So no nudity from that quarter.
4) We are grateful to the Christian Camp for allowing us to use their facilities and we insist that each and Every member we take brings money to donate to the camp.
5) We could go elsewhere to do check outs, but we like Denton. It offers good vis and a fairly controlled environment for students.
Thanks to the folks in the area for opening their lake to us and allowing us the enter the scuba world in their back yard. If you see someone littering, or running around nude….say something. This is a great site and it would be a shame to see it close to us because of a few misguided folks.